Thursday, October 29, 2009



My Grandma turned 87 October 23,2009! She so happened to be in town on her birthday. I live in Oklahoma and she lives in South Houston, Texas. All the family here was so excited to celebrate with her! She is truly an amazing woman. She has 8 children, 5 girls, 3 boys. Who she raised mostly by her self. Her husband died when my mother was just 3 years old. So she relied on the help of her older children to help keep the family going. She has around 30 grand kids,and countless amount of Great grand kids. Sadly she has out lived two of her children. It was very hard for everyone in the family. Yet she still manages to stay active and very lively. She volunteers at a senior center in Houston. She has been attending her home church for 20 years. She is a mighty woman of God. She is a perfect example of a strong, powerful woman. I am so proud to call her my Grama! If I turn out to be half the woman she is one day, it would be more than enough! I Love you G'ma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment